PwC's Academy introduces the Young Employable Scholar(YES) Programme in the Middle East, a corporate readiness programme for young,ambitious students in the region. The YES Programme offers a unique combination of technical and soft skills. In 2 years students get the chance to earn the coveted ACCA qualification, a Diploma in VAT, a certificate in IFRS, a certificate in AI, and more!
The YES Programme offers a unique combination of Bachelors in applied accounting, progress towards ACCA qualification and additional technical certifications including a Diploma in VAT, Certificate in IFRS (CertIFR) and Certified Artificial Intelligence Practitioner (CAIP). Students will be able to put classroom theory into practice in 2 virtual internships (6-8 hours projects).
The programme is delivered by a team of professionals from PwC and is designed to equip students with a range of business skills which will help students develop their future careers.
The programme will have a balanced structure, combining classroom sessions, one to one support and online learning. In addition to the face to face contact hours, participants will have access to an online portal, progress tests and mock tests, study resources such as textbooks, exam kits and additional support from the facilitator as required. The YES programme is divided into 4 semesters:
- ACCA training - Applied Knowledge Exams
- MS Office training (5 days)
- Virtual internship – Multiple
- ACCA training - Applied Skills Exams
- SAGE training (5 days)
- PowerBi training (2 days)
- Capstone Project 1 - Work efficiency
- Certificate in IFRS (CertIFR)
- ACCA training - Applied Skills and Professional exams
- Certified Artificial Intelligence Practitioner (CAIP)
- Advanced Employability (5 days)
- Capstone Project 2
- ACCA training - Strategic Professional Exams
- OBU - BSc. in Applied Accounting
- VAT Diploma - Globally recognised tax qualification awarded by ATT
This programme is ideal for you if you are:
- A high school graduate
- A university graduate and university graduates aspiring towards a career in accountancy and finance
This programme is suitable for individuals who have the vision to think differently and the ambition to pursue a career-oriented path to achieve their goals.
To be eligible for the Programme, the candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Minimum 16 years as on 1st December of the year of application.
- Academic criteria:
- GCE A-Level BBB
- CBSE or equivalent 85%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points or above
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent 85%
- GCSE 340 UCAS points or equivalent
Note: Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 Academic, with no element below 6
The process involves the following steps.
- Application submission along with a personal statement
- PwC's Academy interview
- PwC's Assurance interview
- Offer and acceptance
- One-of-its kind unique programme in the region
- Guaranteed 10 months internship at an MNC
- ACCA fundamental qualification, BSc degree and SAGE qualification
- Range of trainings which include Employability, Assurance, Basic Excel, Advanced Excel training and Young Governance Practitioner training
- 1:3 mentor to student ratio ensuring individual focus towards your development
- 6 subject matter experts ensuring you are trained by the best
- YES bursary and easy installment plans
(Note: The bursary is based on sole discretion of PwC faculty and there is no guaranteed minimum number of students who will avail this per term)
ACCA Fundamental Qualification
PwC's Academy is a Platinum Approved Learning Partner for ACCA. Our training programme is made up of tuition, revision classes and a unique Question Based Revision day. Our core objective is to help you pass your exams and our ability to do this is demonstrated by our exceptional pass rates. Our courses are designed by experts who will help you build understanding in a subject and then incorporate exam and memory techniques to ensure exam success.
In the YES Programme, a student covers the Fundamental Levels of ACCA.
The Fundamentals Level is divided into two modules - Knowledge and Skills. The Knowledge module introduces you to the main areas of financial and management accounting while the Skills module covers the main technical areas that accountants are expected to know.
Students will study through Fundamental Levels F1 to F9.
At the end, they go through an Oxford Brookes Mentoring Programme that enables them to apply for the BSc in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University.
Students will learn how to stay in control of business finances by managing sales, suppliers, inventory and VAT.
They will learn how to manage employees and payroll processing in the run up to pay day.
This is an online module supplemented by e-learning resources such as workbooks, e-books, practice simulations and self-test activities with model answers.
The virtual internship will ensure the student get the opportunity to shape a successful and rewarding career. It will enable the student to learn from practical experiences, building relationships and networking and use this experience to develop their skills.
Employability training has been specially designed for young scholars to develop the necessary skills that will help them stand out in job interviews and improve their workplace performance.
Divided into three levels (foundation, intermediate and advanced), the training is based on the Employability Competency framework and will cover a number of themes: critical thinking, creativity, initiative, problem-solving, risk assessment, decision-taking, and constructive management of feelings.
The comprehensive training ensure that a YES scholar will learn the following.
- Employability skills – communicating effectively, emotional intelligence and business skills
- Interview skills – CV writing, psychometric assessments and interview preparation
- Workplace differentiators – report writing, problem solving, negotiation skills, planning and commercial awareness
- Personal development – Presentation, time management and self-motivation
UAE VAT Compliance Diploma
Participants will gain an in-depth practical knowledge of the VAT legislation and get a clear understanding of the principles of VAT and application of the framework as it applies in the UAE. Learn more
Certificate in IFRS (CertIFR)
PwC’s Academy CERTIFR programme will help students develop a working knowledge of IFRS; how to apply them and the key concepts and principles that underpin the latest standards.
Students will learn about the structure and framework of international accounting, know how to apply the standards to key elements of financial reports as well as identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies in order to prepare group financial statements. Learn more
Certified Artificial Intelligence Practitioner (CAIP)
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) have become an essential part of the toolset for many organizations. When used effectively, these tools provide actionable insights that drive critical decisions and enable organizations to create exciting, new, and innovative products and services. This course will show students how to apply various approaches and algorithms to solve business problems through AI and ML, follow a methodical workflow to develop sound solutions, use open source, off-the-shelf tools to develop, test, and deploy those solutions, and ensure that they protect the privacy of users. Learn more
Basic Excel Training
Students will learn the fundamentals of computerised accounting software and detailed advanced budgeting with forecasting, importing/exporting data, excel integration, e-payments, and the ability to design and manipulate detailed management reports.
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house