A picture is worth 1000 words'. Data analytics is not enough, effectively visualizing the results of the analysis and making those analysis results available real time is as important.
With this in mind, PwC’s Academy, the education and training business of PwC, has designed a suite of fit-for-purpose Data analytics and visualisation course to provide essential knowledge on data analysis and practical skills to utilizing Power BI to create dashboards for the business teams and leaders.
The main purpose of the workshop is to give the attendees a practical knowledge and good understanding of real-world data analysis with Microsoft Excel and Power BI. The workshop includes data analysis process, visualisations, data sharing, and creating professional and easy to understand dashboards.
This course is ideal for business professionals who do not have a technical / IT background, irrespective of whether they are at entry level or are experienced professionals, who are looking to understand Data Analytics and start using Microsoft Excel and Power BI in their organisations.
In this course, participants will cover:
Getting started with BI
- What is BI?
- What is SSBI?
- The 5 main stages in data analysis
- From Questions to Storytelling
PwC Data and Analytics Framework
- Data Types
- Data Types in Statistics
- Biased and unbiased data
Pivot Table and Pivot Chart
- Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
- Summarising PivotTable Data
- Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
- Formatting PivotTables
- Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
- The power of Power Query and PowerPivot
- Power Query
- General overview about Power View and Power Map
- Power View
- Power Map
Data Wrangling with Power Query editor and M language
- Get Data
- Power Query Editor
- Data Source Settings
- Introduction to “M” language
- Data Wrangling
Data Modelling with Power Pivot and DAX language
- Measures and KPI
- DAX functions
Intro to Power BI Desktop
- Getting data
- Applying data transformation and reshaping
- Data modelling
- Interactive Data Visualisations with Power BI
- Designing a report using the built-in visuals
- Importing new visuals from AppSource
- Formatting and layout
- Creating a mobile layout