Anas is the Director at PwC’s Academy Middle East. He has previously delivered multiple training programmes in Internal Audit, Corporate Governance and Risk Management. For past five years, Anas was leading the Corporate Governance for one of the largest Islamic Banks in the world and has over 15 years of experience in establishing Internal Audit and Corporate Governance functions for multiple organisations within the public and private sectors.
- Anas has led the full inception of Corporate Governance and Internal Audit functions for many highly recognized local and International organisations, alongside some of the major ministers and public sector entities in KSA.
- Prior to joining PwC’s Academy, Anas was the Head of Governance function in one of the major Islamic banks in the world based in KSA, where he was responsible for building the department capacities, alongside delivery and maintenance of some major documents across the bank, including the governance manual, delegation of authority matrices, charters for Board of Directors, Board Committees and Management Committees and the management and control of bank’s policies and procedures repository, he also managed the Governance Committee affairs and developed multiple governance training and awareness programs for Bank’s Board of Directors and employees.
- Anas also worked as a Manager in the advisory practice of one of the Big 4 entitles in KSA, his profile includes management and delivery of mega projects and assignments for some of the major entities both in public and private sectors. Throughout his career he has dealt with multiple sectors, including banking, industrial, healthcare, hospitality and agriculture.
- Anas has major expertise in financial reporting and preparation of financial statements using the SOCPA and IFRS standards alongside preparation of Zakat and Tax statements inline with the General Authority for Zakat and Income tax standards.
- For about 4 years of his career, Anas has managed finance and costing departments for various companies. His key functions included managing general ledgers and closure process, treasury management, preparation of financial statements using IFRS. He has also good experience in cost accounting function and its review.