Whilst VAT has been implemented over a year ago in the UAE, it is still under development and the Federal Tax Authority issues additional guidance on the application of VAT regularly.
Did you know that the FTA has issued 12 Cabinet Decisions, 22 VAT Guides, 9 VAT Forms and 9 VAT public clarifications since the implementation of VAT in UAE? Did you also know that the FTA started performing VAT audits and imposing VAT penalties?
Is your company still up to date with VAT and dealing correctly with the many VAT challenges? Does your company understand the commercial impact of VAT on your business? Would your organisation survive a VAT audit performed by the Federal Tax Authority?
Join our one day VAT course to get all the latest updates on VAT in the UAE and how it will affect your organisation.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Learn about the recent VAT developments in the UAE.
- Understand the VAT consequences of the Cabinet Decisions issued by the FTA.
- Understand the VAT consequences of VAT guides issued by the FTA.
- Learn about the VAT consequences of Public Clarifications issued by the FTA.
- Put into practice what they have learned using a range of case study scenarios and practical examples.
This course is ideal for tax managers, finance managers, tax professionals responsible for administration of VAT and for those in a VAT regulatory role in the private or public sector who already have knowledge on the fundamentals of VAT. It is suitable for anyone who wants a detailed understanding of the additional VAT guidance and its implications for organisations.
By the end of this course, participants will receive a certificate of completion from PwC’s Academy.
- An overview of the broader government strategy and objectives with regards to the VAT system.
- The recent VAT developments in the UAE.
By using a range of case study scenarios and practical examples, participants will learn about the VAT consequences of the Cabinet Decisions issued on:
- List of charities that may recover Input Tax.
- Mechanism of applying VAT on gold and diamonds between registrants in the State.
- Refund of VAT paid on services provided in exhibitions and conferences.
- Tax invoices.
- Introducing the tax refunds for tourist scheme.
- Requirements for retailers to participate in the VAT refunds for tourist scheme.
By using a range of case study scenarios and practical examples, participants will learn about the VAT consequences of the VAT Guides issued on:
- Input Tax Apportionment: Special Methods.
- Voluntary disclosure.
- Director’s services.
- Clarifications user guide.
- VAT payment for commercial property buyers.
- VAT refund for building new residences by UAE nationals.
- VAT refund for exhibitions and conferences.
- VAT refund for business Visitors User Guide.
By using a range of case study scenarios and practical examples, participants will learn about the VAT consequences of the public clarifications issued on:
- Donations, Grants and Sponsorships.
- Bank interest and Dividends.
- Public transport.
- Date of supply for independent Directors.
- Non-recoverable input tax – entertainment.
- Labour accommodation: residential versus serviced property.
- Tax invoice.
- Use of exchange Rates.
Note: This course will also include all the additional updates issued by the FTA until the end of March 2019.
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house