Participants will benefit from the trainer's extensive experience and learn how to use robust frameworks to formulate and develop plans for achieving strategic goals. One of the key differentiators is that the course covers development and execution of operational plans.
It has been proven time and again that strategic thinkers are amongst the most highly effective leaders. However in most organisations, strategic thinking or strategy planning is an activity that takes place once or twice a year. This course seeks to embed strategic thinking in the daily routine of a leader, to ensure that strategy is updated on an ongoing basis. Participants on this course will be able to identify the difference between strategic thinking and strategic planning. Participants will also be able to practice essential tools for both strategic thinking as well as for creating strategic plans that are in line with the vision of the company.
This course is designed to develop a strategic mindset and incorporate routine strategic thinking into your decision making. The course includes scenario thinking as an approach for dealing with economic uncertainty and the importance of creating a number of plausible strategies to unfold within uncertain futures.
This course is aimed at leaders within an organisation, whether at the team, departmental or organisational level. This course will also benefit managers who seek to broaden their knowledge and progress to a strategic role.
We have three discount options available, however please check with us directly for details as discounts are limited to certain cities.
- 5% early bird discount for registrations completed one month before session date
- 10% corporate discount for a minimum of 3 registrations : Contact us directly
- 15% discount for groups of 4 or more delegates
The discounts cannot be combined.
- The Budgeting Process
- Budgeting in a business
- The role of the budget in corporate governance
- Sources of information
- Building the Budget
- Where to start?
- Key accounting concepts
- Forecasting revenue
- Types of costs
- Overview of the budgeting process and model considerations
- Types of budget models
- Short-term & long-term models
- Upstream vs downstream models
- Model design & planning
- Best practice design guidelines
- Budgeting vs forecasting
- Planning the Model
- Bottom up budget models
- Model development framework
- Zero-based budgeting & cost drivers
- Rolling (dynamic) budgets
- Building flexibility into time series analysis
- Capital expenditure budgeting
- Cash budgeting
- Determination of model and forecast scope and time horizons
- Using cost information for management control
- Optimise planning of resources to achieve budgeted targets
- Measure and evaluate performance against forecasts
- Recent developments in the budgeting and planning process (balanced scorecard, value chain analysis and others)
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house