PwC’s Academy introduces PwC’s HeadstaRt Programme, a one-of-its-kind programme in the Middle East for young, aspiring HR professionals.
A unique mix of professional qualification and professional experience, this programme will increase your HR knowledge and skills with a CIPD Foundation Diploma in HR Practice, and will then give you the unique opportunity to apply what you learn through a work placement in HR. In addition, you will enhance your business acumen and capabilities through skills based training to help you become a complete HR professional.
PwC’s HeadstaRt Programme is a blend of dynamic classroom learning, skills oriented training, and on-the-job learning with assured work placements in PwC. In this programme, you will cover:
- Professional Qualification: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 Diploma
- Skills based training: Microsoft Excel, Employability, Essential HR skills, Verbal and written communication skills training
- Professional experience: Work placement in PwC HR for six months
At the end of the programme, one top achiever will be offered a full-time position in PwC.
PwC's HeadstaRt programme has 3 key elements:
- You will start with skills based training which includes full day classroom sessions and participate in group activities, skills development exercises and collaborative learning.
- You will then begin the CIPD Diploma in HR Practice. This part time course has a balanced structure, where you will attend face to face sessions, have access to an online portal, study resources such as workbooks and textbooks and additional support from the facilitator. You will also be required to study independently and write assignments in order to pass the qualification.
- During the work placement, you will learn to apply the theories and practices taught in class and also learn on the job. You will be supported by colleagues and mentors who will help you improve your knowledge and develop your abilities.
ONLY 10 candidates are selected each year for PwC’s HeadstaRt programme.
We are looking for individuals with the vision to think differently and the ambition to pursue a career-oriented path to achieve their goals. This programme is ideal for you if you want to begin your career in HR. Graduates and school leavers from diverse education backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This programme is also suitable for young professionals who want to specialise in HR.
You must be minimum 18 years as on 1 October of the year of application.
Academic criteria: (you must meet one of the below)
- GPA 3.5 or above
- 2:1 or above
- GCE A Level BBB
- CBSE/ FBISE or equivalent 85%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points or above
Note: If English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school or university, you must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 Academic ( with no element below 6).
There are no examinations for the CIPD Level 3 qualification.You will be assessed on an on-going basis on completion of:
- Written assignments such as reports, essays, case studies etc.
- Personal development plans
- Skills based assessments such as mock interviews and performance appraisals
- For every assessment, you will either receive a Pass or Refer
If you receive a Refer on the first submission, you have an opportunity to submit again. If you receive a Refer on the second submission as well, you will be required to redo the module. You must pass all modules within the specified time frame in order to successfully complete the qualification.
CIPD Level 3 training
PwC’s Academy is an approved center for CIPD in the Middle East. With the highest number of face to face contact hours in the Middle East, PwC’s Academy offers unparalleled support to ensure that you have all the knowledge, skills and training to become CIPD qualified. As part of this programme, you will get 150+ hours of face to face training for the Level 3 Diploma, additional study materials and learning resources, access to an online student portal, and support courses specially designed to help you clear the assignments and become CIPD qualified.
For more details on our CIPD Programme.
Skills based training
The skills based trainings will enhance your business acumen, professional capabilities and technical knowledge that will enable you to deliver maximum value in your PwC work placement. The technical training, spread over two weeks, is divided in two parts:
- Essential business skills: In five days you will develop your verbal and written communication skills and improve your employability quotient with a skills development workshop
- Essential HR skills: In five days you will learn Microsoft Excel skills and essential HR and business partnering skills that will help improve your on-the-job performance during the work placement. Taught through interactive board games, workplace simulations and interactive learning techniques, it is our aim to make your learning experience engaging and fun.
Work placement in PwC HR
The most goal-oriented and unique part of this programme, the six month work placement in PwC Human Capital team is your opportunity to shape a successful and rewarding career in HR by learning from experienced professionals who are responsible for over 4,000 professionals in the Middle East.
- Engage in challenging and diverse assignments in different areas of HR such as employee relations, engagement, recruitment, etc.
- Learn what it takes to be a PwC professional from your PwC mentor
- Receive regular coaching and feedback to develop PwC’s Professional values and attributes
- Network and socialise with other PwC employees by participating in activities and events outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house