PwC's Effective Board Member is the leading corporate governance programme exclusively designed for the C-Suite professional, operating in the Middle East. The international certification that you earn will help you stand out when applying for future board positions, and will greatly enhance your contribution and effectiveness in serving as a board member, both in executive and non-executive capacity. The four day training is spread over two months for your convenience.
Why should you choose PwC's Effective Board Member programme?
The participants of this programme will:
- Earn membership of Association of Corporate Governance Practitioners (AGCP), upon completion of the programme
- Get an innovative learning experience through an interactive board game, case studies, engaging debates, reflective questions and practical assessments
- Focus on board behaviour based on international best practices, localised for the GCC region, and delivered by experienced consultants and facilitators
The programme is taught using innovative and interactive methods of delivery including board scenarios and role plays, an interactive board game, facilitated sessions, as well as case studies and discussions.
This programme is ideal for aspiring and existing board members and C-level executive and non-executive directors. It is also beneficial for those who regularly interact with the board, such as committee members, company secretaries, governors, trustees, internal auditors, and senior management staff in government and non-government organisations. Corporate governance consultants and compliance or legal officers may also be interested in attending the programme.
Participants must attend and participate during the full programme, successfully complete the exercises, and carry out a board meeting role play on the last day of the course in order to get the certificate.
Upon successful completion, participants are eligible to become members of ACGP (Association of Corporate Governance Practitioners), an internationally recognised professional body in the UK that supports governance practitioners. This enables them to use the designation AGP after their names.
Corporate governance and history
- High profile governance failures
- Governance in the past and today
- The keys to governance
- Directing governance
- The effective board
- The role of a non-executive director
The Governance Framework
- Governance compliance and performance drivers
- Governance framework model
- Exploring boardroom behaviour (the Zoo)
- International best practice codes
- Local codes of governance
- Corporate governance compliance and logistics
Roles and responsibilities
- The executive and the board
- The effective board member
- The chair, company secretary and governance practitioner
Appraisal, risk, and assurance
- Applying the framework
- Board appraisal
- Risk management
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house