With the adoption of IFRS imminent in KSA, individuals and organisations need to up-skill their staff in this complex financial reporting framework as a matter of urgency. Knowledge of IFRS and its application has become a key professional capability that companies look for in finance professionals.
PwC’s Academy CERTIFR will help you stand out from the crowd and give you that edge!
PwC’s Academy CERTIFR programme will help you understand how IFRS are applied in practice. You will get access to the very best course materials written by global IFRS experts; especially for PwC students; in addition to study texts and online resources.
PwC’s Academy CERTIFR programme will help you develop a working knowledge of IFRS; how to apply them and the key concepts and principles that underpin the IFRS standards.
In 4 days, you will learn about the structure of the framework of international accounting, know how to apply the standards to key elements of financial reports, identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies in financial reports and notes, and prepare group financial statements.
For those who want the ACCA CertIFR certification, Day 5 of our programme will prepare you for the CertIFR online exam administered by ACCA*.
*You are required to take Day 5 of the training only if you want to complete the ACCA CertIFR.
Classes at PwC's Academy are engaging and interactive and include memory and retention techniques for a better learning experience and to ensure high pass rates.
We employ the latest teaching techniques that will help you understand IFRS standards and learn how to apply them. The programme is delivered by specialist trainers who have a wealth of experience in applying IFRS in a range of industries across the globe. Our sessions are highly interactive, we encourage group discussion, and real life examples are used to help your understanding and application of IFRS principles.
One day is dedicated to focused exam preparation.You will learn exam techniques, get guidance on answering exam questions and get an understanding of the allocation of marks and the examiner’s requirements. We also provide exam questions from previous papers and a full mock exam as part of the revision process. One on one consultations will also help you identify gaps in your knowledge of application of IFRS.
The PwC CERTIFR is specifically designed for finance professionals who want to update their capability and skills required to meet the challenges in adopting IFRS’s in the workplace in KSA.
This course is also suitable for those who are seeking to gain the ACCA CertIFR certification. The PwC CERTIFR also gives the opportunity to appropriately qualified individuals and corporates to update their IFRS knowledge.
- Structure of the IFRSF/IASB
- Extant standards of the IASB
- The framework
- The use of IFRS around the world
- The IASB roadmap
- The annual IASB bound volume and its use
- Presentation of financial statements
- Revenue from contracts with customers
- Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors
- Property, plant and equipment
- Intangible assets
- Investment Property
- Impairment of assets
- Borrowing costs
- Accounting for government grants and disclosure of government assistance
- Non-current assets held for sale and discontinued operations
- Fair Value measurement
- Financial instruments - presentation
- Financial instruments: disclosures
- Share-based payment
- Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets
- Events after the reporting period
- Employee benefits
- Income taxes
- Exploration for and evaluation of mineral resources
- Consolidated financial statements
- Separate financial statements (revised 2011)
- Business combinations
- Investments in associates and joint ventures (revised 2011)
- Joint arrangements
- Disclosure of interests in other entities
- The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates
- Financial reporting in hyperinflationary economies
- Statement of cash flows
- Related party disclosures
- Earnings per share
- Interim financial reporting
- Insurance contracts
- First time adoption of IFRS
- Operating segments
- Principal differences between UK/US GAAP and IFRS
- Proposal for changes
Day 5 - Exam prep for ACCA CertIFR
- Key topics revision
- Question/Answer session
- Mock Exam
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house