In this course, participants will understand, assess and respond to security threats and operate a system and network security analysis platform.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Explain the importance of best practices in preparation for incident response
- Given a scenario, execute incident response process
- Explain general mitigation methods and devices
- Assess and comply with current incident response requirements
When a cyber incident occurs, the responsibility of complying with legislative requirements often falls on the entire executive management team. After a breach occurs is not the time to begin understanding your legal requirements.
This course will guide business, IT and non-technical leaders through what incident response methods and procedures align with industry frameworks such as US-CERT’s NICSP (National Incident Response Plan) and Presidential Policy (PPD) 41 on Cyber Incident Coordination Policy. During this one day course participants will also learn best practices, mitigation methods and devices and gain understanding of current state and national incident response methods. Thinking about incident response now will allow you to lead effectively post breach.
This course is designed primarily for IT leaders and company executives who are responsible for complying with incident response legislation. This course focuses on the knowledge, resources, and skills necessary to comply with incident response, and incident handling process requirements.
General understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
Pass the IRBIZ Exam
Lesson 1: Assessment of Information Security Risks
Topic A: The Importance of Risk Management
Topic D: Integrating Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Response to Cybersecurity Incidents
Topic A: Deployment of Incident Handling and Response Architecture
Topic B: Containment and Mitigation of Incidents
Topic C: Preparation for Forensic Investigation as a CSIRT
Lesson 3: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
Topic A: Use a Forensic Investigation Plan
Topic B: Securely Collect and Analyze Electronic Evidence
Topic C: Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Lesson 4: Complying with Legislation
- Examples of Legislation (if this is covered in above topics, no need to include here) GDPR, HIPPA, Elections
- Case study: Incident Response and GDPR (Using GDPR legislation, create a response that is compliant with it – this could be discussion-based activity as well.)
- State Legislation Resources and Example – Search terms to find state legislation
- Using NYS as example use the NYS Privacy Response act or other legislation to create a similar case study as previous.
- Provide answers on when to use federal versus state and do you have to follow both?
- Appendix C: Security Resources
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house