The IFRS update programme will be delivered by a highly sought after experienced IFRS expert with practical industry experience who is also a dedicated PwC's Academy staff.
The course content is designed and approved by PwC's Academy which is the education arm of one of the world's most prestigious accounting firms.
International Financial Reporting Standards are the world’s most widely applied accounting standards and are constantly evolving. This one day course will provide an update on all the latest developments and trends in IFRS globally and regionally, including new and revised standards effective in 2017 and beyond. In addition, delegates will receive an update of ongoing projects and other developments in corporate reporting around the world.
Using illustrative IFRS financial statements and explanation of changes in IFRSs, this course enhances interactive participation and group discussion. The course combines the formal theoretical instruction and live case studies making it highly interactive presentation based course.
This course is ideal for audit practitioners, CFOs, finance directors, finance controllers/managers, internal auditors, accountants and financial analysts, who want to stay updated with the latest developments in IFRS and prepare for the impact of those on their business.
IFRS global news
- IFRS news from around the world
- Insight into the economic realities of the corporate world around the globe
- Topics on the IASB’s technical agenda
IFRS in the region
IFRS standards refresher
- IAS 16 Property, plant and equipment
- IAS 20 Accounting for government grants and disclosure of government assistance
- IAS 1 Presentation of financial statements
- IAS 24 Related party disclosures
IFRS 16 Leases
- Overview of the leasing ‘problem’ and ‘solution’
- A new definition of what constitutes a lease
- Death of an operating lease (for lessees) and what this means for financial statements
- Implementation and the transitional arrangements that are helpful for those organisations who can plan ahead
Implementation update (including Q+A)
- An insight into the adoption progress, recent amendments and issues relating to IFRS 9 Financial instruments and IFRS 15 Revenue from contracts with customers
- Other changes to IFRS which will have an impact on this region including IFRIC update
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house