A strong foundation of finance is critical to succeed at any employment level and position. The course transforms accounting and finance concepts into decision making tools that participants can use in their workplace. Developed by PwC's Academy, the education and training business of one of the largest accounting firms in the world, it will help participants apply the fundamentals of finance to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial performance of business activities.
This one day course taught by finance experts with practical industry and training experience covers fundamental concepts of finance and helps participants understand how these concepts are useful for decision making.
Participants will gain an understanding of key financial statements and learn practical application of the most important and widely used financial techniques.
Using practical examples and case studies, this course enhances the participants’ confidence to engage with finance professionals and understand better the impact of their role on the finance function and the financial performance of the organisation.
This course is ideal for professionals from a non-finance background who want to develop their financial understanding, understand how their decisions affect an organisation’s financial performance and improve their organisation’s financial performance.
The course will also be useful for new managers, existing managers as well as anyone looking to refresh their finance knowledge.
PwC’s Academy is the learning and education business of PwC operating across the Middle East and is part of a growing network of PwC Academies present in over 35 countries worldwide. We have been developing our own people for over 100 years and it is this deep experience of helping professionals become business leaders that is embedded into all PwC’s Academy programmes.
As a business ourselves, we recognise that our Management Development Programme must lead to improved performance and be a profitable investment of time and money. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we develop talent through building on not just what people know, but how they think and what they do – not as separate components but as an integrated process to create impact and deliver change.
We have three discount options available, however please check with us directly for details as discounts are limited to certain cities.
- 5% early bird discount for registrations completed one month before session date
- 10% corporate discount for a minimum of 3 registrations : Contact us directly
- 15% discount for groups of 4 or more delegates
The discounts cannot be combined.
Understand Accounting principles and Financial Statements
- What is accounting? Is it an art or a science?
- The users, uses and different types of financial information
- Financial terminology and jargon busting
- The business model
- The need for finance
- The sources of finance, the costs and the benefits
Be able to interpret financial statements and working capital
- Capital and operating expenditure:
- Fixed assets
- Working capital and the operating cycle
- Accruals concept
- Going concern concept
- Financial statements
- What is within published financial information
- Balance sheet / Statement of financial position
- Profit or loss / Income statement / Statement of comprehensive income
- Cash flow statement
Understand the basic techniques in financial management
- Interpretation of financial statements
- How to read financial information
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house