A strong foundation of finance is critical to succeed at any employment level and position. The course transforms accounting and finance concepts into decision making tools that participants can use in their workplace. Developed by PwC's Academy, the education and training business of one of the largest accounting firms in the world, it will help participants apply the fundamentals of finance to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial performance of business activities.
This two day course taught by finance experts with practical industry and training experience covers fundamental concepts of finance and helps participants understand how these concepts are useful for decision making.
Participants will gain an understanding of key financial statements and learn practical application of the most important and widely used financial techniques.
For additional information please contact us
Using practical examples and case studies, this course enhances the participants’ confidence to engage with finance professionals and understand better the impact of their role on the finance function and the financial performance of the organisation.
This course is ideal for professionals from a non-finance background who want to develop their financial understanding, understand how their decisions affect an organisation’s financial performance and improve their organisation’s financial performance.
The course will also be useful for new managers, existing managers as well as anyone looking to refresh their finance knowledge.
PwC’s Academy is the learning and education business of PwC operating across the Middle East and is part of a growing network of PwC Academies present in over 35 countries worldwide. We have been developing our own people for over 100 years and it is this deep experience of helping professionals become business leaders that is embedded into all PwC’s Academy programmes.
As a business ourselves, we recognise that our Management Development Programme must lead to improved performance and be a profitable investment of time and money. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we develop talent through building on not just what people know, but how they think and what they do – not as separate components but as an integrated process to create impact and deliver change.
- To understand the link between corporate and financial strategy
- To understand how finance works within an organisation
- To understand published financial information
- To understand published financial information (contd)
- To understand how financial decisions are made within an organisation
We have three discount options available, however please check with us directly for details as discounts are limited to certain cities.
- 5% early bird discount for registrations completed one month before session date
- 10% corporate discount for a minimum of 3 registrations : Contact us directly
- 15% discount for groups of 4 or more delegates
The discounts cannot be combined.
Defining finance and understanding jargons
- Understanding financial terminology
- Comparison of different sources of Finance: Equity, short term debt, long term debt
- Understanding Capex, Opex and Working Capital
- What is accounting
- Users of financial information
- Management vs financial accounting
- Understanding the accounting equation
- Going concern concept
- The accruals concept
Overview of financial statements
- Ratios analysis of financial statements
- Profitability ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Solvency ratios
- Efficiency ratios
- Working Capital Ratios
- Limitations of financial ratio analysis
Working capital Management
- Inventory, receivable and payable management
Nature of Costs
- Types of costs: Fixed, variable, semi-variable, stepped cost
- Relevant vs. Sunk costs
Financial decision analysis
- Break-even point analysis
- Opportunity cost
- Definition, need and role of budgets
- Budgeting process
- Types of budgets and recent industry trends in budgeting
- Approaches to budgeting:
- Zero based vs. incremental budgets
- Periodic vs. rolling budgets
- Top-down vs. bottom up budget
- How do you effectively participate in the budgeting process
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house