PwC’s Academy is the education and training business of PwC. Our training programmes build on the experience of having solved important problems in the Middle East for over forty years.
Our world class trainers bring the collective knowledge of dedicated Academy staff and commercial expertise from the PwC global network to deliver training solutions with an immediate impact. We blend technical knowledge with behavioural competencies to build on what people know, how they think and what they can do.
This is what it means to be 'Trained by PwC'.
Businesses are responsible to declare their taxes correctly and pay them in a timely manner and the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) performs regular checks to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation.
What happens if there is a situation where a person does not agree with the decision of the Federal Tax Authority? Did you know that the VAT Laws gives tax payers the right to appeal any decision of the Authority?
Learn more about this in our one day course.
This course is ideal for:
- Tax agents
- Tax advisors
- Legal council and lawyers
This course will help participants:
- Understand the approach and legal procedure in case of a tax dispute
- Understand the options when there is a disagreement with FTA’s interpretation of Tax laws
- Understand the common reasons for disputes to arise
- Identify the critical time frames and deadlines for the appeals process
- Understand the policies and procedural framework of the FTA dispute resolution process
- Learn about the key elements and time frames for notification from FTA, assessments, fines and penalties
- Learn about the rights of the taxpayers
- Learn how to apply for reconsideration of decisions with FTA
- Learn about the process and pre-requisites of approaching the Tax Dispute Committees and the court
By the end of this course, participants will receive a certificate of completion from PwC’s Academy.
By the end of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of the:
Mechanism of resolving disputes and making appeals
Legal references surrounding disputes from VAT laws and tax procedures laws
Rights of tax payers and the power of tax authorities
Process of appeals with the Tax Dispute Resolution Committee and the court
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house