This three day course aims to develop the knowledge and skills of business partners to enable them to build credibility to influence key business stakeholders. Participants will familiarise themselves with the changing context of HR business partnering, explore key themes for today’s HRBP and build the capabilities required to successfully operate in today’s workplace. They will gain insights on what it means to be a ‘business savvy’ HR professional, understand and speak the financial language of business, and appreciate the important role of HR analytics in developing an evidence based approach to HR.
A lot has changed since David Ulrich, the ‘father’ of HR business partnering first presented his model for the optimum delivery of HR in the 1990s. HR business partnering is now a popular and widespread approach to organising the HR function and there is an ongoing debate over what the role involves, how it should be put into practice and the challenges faced.
PwC’s Academy's three day CIPD HR Business Partner course aims to develop the knowledge and skills of business partners to enable them to build credibility to influence key business stakeholders.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the changing context in which HR is operating and the resulting shift in expectations and skills required of the HRBP role
- Explain the four foundations of business savvy HR and understand how to apply this in their organisation
- Speak the financial language of business and apply this in their role to develop their credibility
- Apply fundamental financial knowledge to everyday HR scenarios
- Work with data to apply evidence based HR and workplace analytics to utilise an insight-led approach to HR
- Make a commitment to their personal development as an HRBP
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of achievement from CIPD and PwC.
This interactive session will be delivered using a mix of multisensory approaches including facilitated sessions, group work, case studies, exercises and activities. Participants will also receive a workbook with additional content for self-guided learning.
All aspiring and existing HR Business Partners, who want to sharpen their skills and mid-level HR practitioners and professionals who are keen to understand the role in more detail would benefit from this course.
We have three discount options available, however please check with us directly for details as discounts are limited to certain cities.
- 5% early bird discount for registrations completed one month before session date
- 10% corporate discount for a minimum of 3 registrations : Contact us directly
- 15% discount for groups of 4 or more delegates
The discounts cannot be combined.
Day 1 – Insight driven HR
The Future of Work:
- The HRBP role in the context of the future world of work
- How does the new landscape impact your organisation?
- Latest CIPD regional insight
The HRBP Role:
- The history and learning from it
- Defining the role - the HRBP Superstar
- Spending time on the right things
- Implementing the role
Business Savvy HR:
- Insight driven HR
- The 4 foundations of Business Savvy
- Connecting with curiosity, purpose and impact
Understanding HR Analytics:
- Business case for HR Analytics
- HR data and measures and big data
- A case for efficiency vs effectiveness
- A strategy which links to business outcomes
Day 2 – Speaking the Language of Business
- Key terminology
- Financial information
- Business model
- Interpreting financial statements
- Key ratios
- Workforce metrics
Budgets and Forecasting:
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Behavioural aspect of budgeting
- Calculation and management of costs
- Budget preparation
- Workforce analysis exercise
Day 3 – Building relationships that last
A Trusted Advisor:
- Leading with integrity
- HRBP as a skilled influencer
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
The HRBP as organisational Coach-Mentor:
- What is coaching v mentoring
- Tools for coaching
- Coaching practice and reflection
- A coaching approach to courageous conversations
- Real life workplace scenarios
- Group Presentations
- Individual reflection and action planning for CPD
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house