This course is designed to cover the essentials of budgeting and includes various practical models and frameworks whilst providing the added advantage of learning how to optimise, measure and evaluate using controls.
Companies in the GCC today operate in an environment of global competition, fluctuating oil prices, and volatile market conditions leading to dramatic changes in exchange rates, revenues and projections. Effective planning, budgeting, forecasting and cost control skills are thus increasingly important as they help organisations maximise revenues, manage costs and projects, and reduce financial risk, while enabling the management to make better decisions and achieve strategic objectives.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and tools to build world class standards into the planning, budgeting, performance measurement and reporting system of an organisation. Using real life case studies and examples, participants will practice effective planning and forecasting techniques, learn to develop budgets using a variety of tools, and monitor and manage costs in line with organisational goals.
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the budgeting and planning process within their organisation such as management accountants, functional heads of departments, financial planners and analysts, accountants, as well as for those from non-finance backgrounds who have responsibility for managing budgets and delivering against the forecasted figures.
We have three discount options available, however please check with us directly for details as discounts are limited to certain cities.
- 5% early bird discount for registrations completed one month before session date
- 10% corporate discount for a minimum of 3 registrations : Contact us directly
- 15% discount for groups of 4 or more delegates
The discounts cannot be combined.
- The Budgeting Process
- Budgeting in a business
- The role of the budget in corporate governance
- Sources of information
- Building the Budget
- Where to start?
- Key accounting concepts
- Forecasting revenue
- Types of costs
- Overview of the budgeting process and model considerations
- Types of budget models
- Short-term & long-term models
- Upstream vs downstream models
- Model design & planning
- Best practice design guidelines
- Budgeting vs forecasting
- Planning the Model
- Bottom up budget models
- Model development framework
- Zero-based budgeting & cost drivers
- Rolling (dynamic) budgets
- Building flexibility into time series analysis
- Capital expenditure budgeting
- Cash budgeting
- Determination of model and forecast scope and time horizons
- Using cost information for management control
- Optimiseplanning of resources to achieve budgeted targets
- Measure and evaluate performance against forecasts
- Recent developments in the budgeting and planning process (balanced scorecard, value chain analysis and others)
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house