A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
- The only credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment
- Trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles
- Regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace
The A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
Jobs that use A+:
- Service Desk Analyst
- Data Support Technician
- Help Desk Tech
- Desktop Support Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- End User Computing Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
- System Support Specialist
9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Pass the A+ Exam
9 skills that you master and validate with A+:
Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices.
Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS.
Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support.
Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO.
HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshoot device and network issues.
Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections.
Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices.
VIRTUALIZATION & CLOUD COMPUTING
Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts &set up client-side virtualization.
Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism.
There are no scheduled dates for this course. Fill out the form to check future dates or deliver the course in-house